Monday, December 16, 2013

Humming Again



Luke 1:38 (NLT)  
Mary responded, “I am the Lord’s servant.

Here I am humming again - one of my favorites. 

Here I am, Lord.  It is I, Lord.  I have heard you calling in the night.  I will go, Lord, if you lead me.  I will hold your people in my heart. 

On my most connected days, these words form the prayer of my heart.  I want to be used by God.  Nothing is more exciting!  I want to see the world through His eyes and use my time and energy for His purposes.  I want to know the sound of His voice and be flexible and courageous enough to follow.  It’s ironic that when God is part of my day, I am filled with unexplained energy and often fly through ordinary tasks on wings of eagles.

Other days though, I am focused on my to-do list and forget to include God in my activities.  On these days I feel panicked and stressed about all that needs doing.  I am impatient and tired.  I may get everything done, but my mood is much different.

How about you?  Does your day play out differently when you make room for God?

No comments:

Post a Comment