Sunday, May 4, 2014

Kicked Out of the Slump



Psalm 39:4,8 (NLT)
Lord, remind me how brief my time on earth will be.  Remind me that my days are numbered – how fleeting my life is.  Rescue me from my rebellion.

God did it again.  He sent an undeniable message.  As these occurrences add up, the sum proves that God is faithful.

It was very helpful to identify my current slump as a season.  Just naming my slump made it a temporary stage with the promise of change.  Honestly, I felt better immediately.  In hindsight, I’m not surprised I stumbled upon the ‘time for every season’ sermon.  It was God message #1.

God’s second message was Do not lack diligence; be fervent in spirit; serve the Lord. (Romans 12:11).  I didn’t very much appreciate the heavenly kick in the backside.  I think I groaned out loud.

Number three came from one of the most Spirit-led women I know.  Out of the blue, before she learned of my slump, she ‘felt called’ to forward an article that included today’s scripture from Psalms.  The article added “You don’t have time to waste any longer.  Your life is precious.  Every single day you live is a day recorded in history never to be relived again.”  OK, God, you’re coming through loud and clear.

Tomorrow… lessons from the slump from which I’ve been expelled.

To comment, click the title at the top of this email then comment at the bottom of the blog.  If you'd like to comment privately, you can email me at papachung3@aol.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment