Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Priorities Amid Chaos



Ephesians 1:19-20 (NLT) – I also pray that you will understand the incredible greatness of God’s power for us who believe Him.  This is the same power that raised Christ from the dead and seated Him in the place of honor at God’s right hand in the heavenly realms.

I’m facing another busy season.  The next 5 weeks will be absolutely nuts.  The schedule seems impossible, even if all goes smoothly.  I could rattle off my list, but I’m sure it looks a lot like your list.  Am I right?  This is where we need to lean hard in to God and His power. 

My recent study of the resurrection took a different angle.  It focused not on the obvious, important event – that Jesus rose from the dead – but looked at the power that raised Him.  In His power, God raised Jesus.  The Apostle Paul says that same power has been given to us!  Thank you God, because I’m going to need it!

Tell me how!  I need to know how to access this supernatural power!  First, I give up control and allow Jesus to be Lord of my life.  Through faith and trust and experience, I know He is in control.  But in order to remember that He’s got it all covered and to access the power of God, I must stay connected to Him.  Jesus said “Remain in me and I will remain in you (John 15:4).”

When things get busy, my first impulse is to skip my devotion time.  I’ve already skipped a few days of blogging.  I’m quick to get started on my to-do list.  I can’t clear my mind and I frankly don’t have time to read, pray and write.  But isn’t this the most important thing of all?  Won’t the list be done better if I hand them to God and allow myself to be filled with His peace, guiding voice and power? 

So it is my goal to blog through this busy season.  Will you hold me accountable?  I know I’ll have God-stops to share!  He definitely has something up His sleeve.

To comment, click the title at the top of this email then comment at the bottom of the blog.  If you'd like to comment privately, you can email me at papachung3@aol.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment