Saturday, May 17, 2014

Up His Sleeve



Romans 11:33 (NLT) – Oh, how great are God’s riches and wisdom and knowledge!  How impossible it is for us to understand His decisions and His ways!

I’m humming again.  The chorus playing on repeat is You call me out upon the waters, the great unknown where feet may fail…..and I will call upon Your name – Hillsong United (Oceans – Where Feet May Fail)

Today’s scripture matches that message, assuring me that I cannot possibly understand the mystery of God’s ways.  My heart matches the emotion in this YouTube performance (lyrics below):  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m_sWJQm2fs

What do you have up your sleeve God?  I haven’t felt a particular nudge toward anything risky or uncomfortable yet.  My faith has not been tested by uncertainty lately.  But with this message coming from multiple directions, my radar is on high alert.  Or perhaps the message is for you. Let’s both tune our sensors to the Holy Spirit guidance system.  My prayer for both of us is this verse:

Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders.  Let me walk upon the waters wherever You would call me.  Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander and my faith will be made stronger in the presence of my Savior.

To comment, click the title at the top of this email then comment at the bottom of the blog.  If you'd like to comment privately, you can email me at papachung3@aol.com.

"Oceans (Where Feet May Fail)"
Hillsong United
You call me out upon the waters
The great unknown where feet may fail
And there I find You in the mystery
In oceans deep
My faith will stand

And I will call upon Your name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise
My soul will rest in Your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine

Your grace abounds in deepest waters
Your sovereign hand
Will be my guide
Where feet may fail and fear surrounds me
You've never failed and You won't start now

So I will call upon Your name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise
My soul will rest in Your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine

[6x]
Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters
Wherever You would call me
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will be made stronger
In the presence of my Savior

I will call upon Your name
Keep my eyes above the waves
My soul will rest in Your embrace
I am Yours and You are mine

2 comments:

  1. Oceans is a song they sung at the retreat I just spoke at--powerful!! And, I too have been hearing similar messages from different sources saying, launch out into the deep. Isn't that what faith is all about? Attempting to do only what God can accomplish. Praying for you, my friend as you trust Him to catch you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad I found your blog. Spirit speaks to spirit. This is my prayer every day. "Take me deeper. Trust without borders. Hallelujah."

    ReplyDelete