Saturday, June 28, 2014

I Surrender



Matthew 16:25 (NLT) – If you try to hang on to your life, you will lose it.  But if you give up your life for my sake, you will save it.

Oh the songs in my head!  Since posting Imperfection, my mind has been filled with refrains.  A faithful friend shared Kenneth Cope's beautiful song, Broken, and I was reminded of Hillsong’s Surrender, both of which I share below.  But the humming on replay is from Joy Williams’ Surrender:  everything I held so precious, everything I’ve kept away, I give it up, all for You, I give it all for You.  I surrender.

I surrender.

We sometimes equate surrender with giving up or losing.  And yes, we lose something when we surrender to God:  control.  But I believe there’s a big difference between giving everything to God and giving up.

Use me. 

I surrender.  Use all that I have for Your purposes – all my treasure and talents and all my brokenness too.  Make me an agent for your Kingdom.  And when I surrender, God releases His Spirit in me and fills me with more than I could have gained on my own – more joy, more fullness, more peace.

Are you saving your life or giving it for His sake?

Kenneth Cope, Broken:  God loves broken things https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAjkRkF2yEs&feature=kp&app=desktop

To comment, click the title at the top of this email then comment at the bottom of the blog.  If you'd like to comment privately, you can email me at papachung3@aol.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment