Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Abundantly Blessed




Colossians 2:7 (NLT) - Let your roots grow down into Him, and let your lives be built on Him.  Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness.

Back in the garden, I have an abundance of lettuce and am giving it away as fast as possible.  I can’t stand to see waste.  If you’re local, please be in touch and you’ll enjoy a big salad tonight.  I think every one of the thousand seeds in the Burpee packet grew into a head of Romaine.  Mixed greens too.  I am overflowing!

Let’s bring this back around to faith.  My abundance of lettuce is an example of the blessings that result from making God and His work the focus of my life.  I’m certainly not claiming super holy status; I am a work in progress who needs a fresh bit of grace every day.  However, I have experienced God’s loving presence and His hand in my life.  I am overwhelmingly blessed that I can’t help but excitedly share!

That’s why I blog.  It’s why I teach.  I scatter seeds hoping they will multiply in your life as well so you can experience His blessing.  My love for God is overflowing and I'm giving it away as best I can.

So, I’ve applied this scripture to my life.  Now it’s your turn.  Ask God to reveal His message for your life.  As we’ve done the past few days, reread the verse slowly, several times if necessary, and see what comes to mind.  Talk to God about what it means.

To comment, click the title at the top of this email then comment at the bottom of the blog.  If you'd like to comment privately, you can email me at papachung3@aol.com.

#seedsofscripture #blogboost  #abundance #lettuce

4 comments:

  1. How true are those words from the Bible and how applicable they are to our daily lives. It is in giving that we truly receive.
    Dropping by from UBC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Giving and being other-centered has pulled me out of many a pity party! Thanks for your dropping by and commenting! - Cathy

      Delete
  2. "Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught" - This part of the verse seems to be talking to me directly. I felt this morning that I am swayed by all sorts of "truth" and not growing at all in the Christian truth that I was thought. As people, we do not get grow anymore but stumble and fall as we hop around testing various "truths". Thanks for the revelation Cathy and may God bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, aren't we always searching for truth that will help us feel satisfaction and joy? Comments like yours are why I blog. I have personally found amazing fulfillment in my faith. I mentor several groups of busy women who claim not to have any space in their lives for quiet time with God. Maybe the quiet part of their time will come when their kids are grown, but for now I'll settle for regular time. I started poking them with an email several years ago - a verse with a short thought provoking comment. We all check email and tweets, so I joined in to add a little reminder to check in with God wherever your are - waiting for practice to finish, over your morning coffee, while you sit on the train. A quick, regular, centering check-in. I became official about a year ago when I switched to a public blog. Subscribe if you'd like a poke too.

      Delete