Tuesday, July 8, 2014

More Poking and Shaking



Psalm 37:1-7 (NLT) – Don’t worry about the wicked or envy those who do wrong.  For like grass, they soon fade away.  Like spring flowers, they soon wither.  Trust in the Lord and do good.  Then you will live safely in the land and prosper.  Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you your heart’s desires.  Commit everything you do to the Lord.  Trust Him and He will help you.  He will make your innocence radiate like the dawn, and the justice of your cause will shine like the noonday sun.  Be still in the presence of the Lord, and wait patiently for Him to act.

Let’s dig in to some scripture again.  Today’s selection is a little longer than usual, so read it again slowly and listen for a word or phrase that captures your attention.

Ask yourself why.  Turn the phrase over in your mind for awhile and wonder why it caught your attention.  Read the entire scripture again and notice the context and the if-then promises.  What is the message for your life?

To comment, click the title at the top of this email then comment at the bottom of the blog.  If you'd like to comment privately, you can email me at papachung3@aol.com.

#seedsofscripture #blogboost  #readingscripture

4 comments:

  1. I am not Christian, but I am spiritual, and a person of faith. So I appreciate the encourage to trust and wait with patience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interestingly Anna, this verse comes from the Hebrew Old Testament which is not strictly Christian, but followed by the Jewish community as well. There is so much we can learn from each other, no matter our faith background.

      Thanks for reading and commenting. - Cathy

      Delete
  2. Hey Cathy

    Thanks for sharing these profound lines. Personally, the phrase 'Be Still' grabbed my heart because I can NEVER 'be still'. I have noticed that being restful beckons several negative thoughts. So I try constantly think about everything and nothing. It is said that an idle mind is a devil's workshop, and when my mind is idle, I can sense a 1000 devils dancing in glee :-(

    But I promise to start practicing the art of 'being still'. I believe it is paramount to leading a happy, hopeful, healthy life!

    #HUGSSSSS

    Lots of love and BEST wishes
    Kitto

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you Kitto! It's hard to relax. We're programmed to stay busy. What troubles me is that you have negative thoughts when you slow down. Are these temptations (which might be from the devil)? Negative self-talk that needs to be dealt with? God gave us the Sabbath to rest. He built it into the structure of our lives. We are meant to rest and recharge and give thanks. A God given gift. Be still.

      I hope you'll stop by again! I try to provide a short scriptural reminder to be with God every day. - Cathy

      Delete