Sunday, August 10, 2014

Does God Care?



Luke 12:6-7 (NLT) – What is the price of five sparrows – two copper coins?  Yet God does not forget a single one of them.  And the very hairs on your head are all numbered.  So don’t be afraid; you are more valuable to God than a whole flock of sparrows.

What do you see when you read today’s scripture?  Do you feel comforted that God knows what you’re dealing with no matter how small you feel right now?  Or do you say impossible!  God can’t know the number of hairs on my head; it changes constantly.  Or do you think God loses track of a sparrow now and then so it’s not a very good example.  Or do you see an SAT question:  five sparrows are to a whole flock as I am to what?

As a kid I was mystified that God could hear everyone’s prayers let alone answer any.  I imagined millions of night-time prayers lifted, whole conversations!  I envisioned a switchboard operator with a gazillion cables using both hands furiously to plug and unplug connections as prayers came in.  How could God possibly hear them all?  Of course my imagination was founded, and thus limited, by my own multitasking experiences while God is not limited.

God knows every detail of what you’re going through and He cares.  He is waiting for you to turn to Him to talk about it.  Know that He is patiently listening.  No matter what the situation, God will walk alongside and then turn it into something positive.  A flock of sparrows?  Oh no!  You are priceless!

Are you unable to participate in a Bible study group?  Would you like to join me in online Bible discussion this fall?  Click for more info.

Do you need a daily reminder to reflect on God’s Word?  Follow me on Twitter @Cathy_Chung or subscribe at Seeds of Scripture to receive an email with a short bit of scripture to ponder.

#seedsofscripture #Prayer #YouArePriceless #GodCares

2 comments:

  1. Cathy, I like your acknowledgement of our limitations in truly understanding the workings of the world. In our incarnate form, we are limited by what it means to be human. When I stop resisting this, many possibilities open for me. Thanks for the reminder<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Accepting that we just don't understand God is extremely helpful. We need to be comfortable with not knowing 'why' and TRUST that He works all things for good.

    ReplyDelete