Tuesday, August 12, 2014

My Body the Temple



1 Corinthians 6:19-20 (NLT) – Don’t you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God?  You do not belong to yourself, for God bought you with a high price.  So you must honor God with your body.

Zing!  Remember yesterday’s scripture from Romans?  I don’t really understand myself.  I want to do what is right, but I don’t.  Instead, I do what I hate.  Put that together with today’s honor God with your body message and Zing!  I know how good I feel when I eat right and exercise.  I’m heavier than ever (literally) and feel sluggish.  I know I need to get back on an exercise schedule.  I’ve been talking about it and trying to convince myself for months, but I’m just plain lazy.  What does the commercial say?  A body at rest tends to stay at rest, but a body in motion tends to stay in motion.

I promised myself before coming to the beach that I would get out and walk.  I already know I enjoy it!  Yet here I stand in the air conditioning, in my pajamas, looking at all the walkers out on the beach and the lady doing yoga in the sand.  Why is self discipline so difficult?

So I did it.  Day 1 and I walked.  I will repeat these two scriptures tomorrow and see what new message God sends my way.

How could you honor God with your body?  (click to tweet)

Are you unable to participate in a Bible study group?  Would you like to join me in online Bible discussion this fall?  Click for more info.

Do you need a daily reminder to reflect on God’s Word?  Follow me on Twitter @Cathy_Chung or subscribe at Seeds of Scripture to receive an email with a short bit of scripture to ponder.

#seedsofscripture #exercise #TempleofGod

No comments:

Post a Comment