Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Never Weary?



Galatians 6:9-10 (NLT) – Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.  Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.

The sequence of thoughts that grab my attention in this verse are don’t get tired, don’t give up, keep using every opportunity to do good.

Those are the cheerleader thoughts.  Go girl!  But the reality is that we DO get weary.  We push hard, go strong and get worn out.  It’s fact.  But does it have to be?  Is it because we depend on our own strength and abilities instead of trusting God?  Is it because we have an intermittent connection with God?

When I am filled with the Holy Spirit I have seemingly supernatural energy.  In order to feel this surge of power I must turn my focus toward God.  This takes intentionality and time, whether it’s time in His Word or opening my eyes to His world and my ears to His guidance.  It could take 5 seconds or 15 minutes, but it is always worthwhile.

Sometimes the thing I don’t have time for is the most beneficial overall.  (click to tweet)

Does the scripture imply we’re to always be energetic and enthusiastic?  Is that possible?  How can we maintain a balance of soul nurturing and service to others?

Are you unable to participate in a Bible study group?  Would you like to join me in online Bible discussion this fall?  Click for more info.

Do you need a daily reminder to reflect on God’s Word?  Follow me on Twitter @Cathy_Chung or subscribe at Seeds of Scripture to receive an email with a short bit of scripture to ponder.

#seedsofscripture #PoweredByGod #DoGood #HolySpiritPower

No comments:

Post a Comment