Monday, August 11, 2014

People Watching



Romans 7:15 (NLT) – I don’t really understand myself, for I want to do what is right, but I don’t do it.  Instead, I do what I hate.

I’m waiting in lines this morning at the airport:  bag drop, security and boarding.  I actually enjoy people watching.  All sorts of people are traveling, all shapes and sizes, all colors and styles, all ages and experience. 

My mind immediately categorizes.  Why can’t I stop this?  I know God looks at the heart and not external appearances.  I know He treasures each of His precious children.  Everyone has a story that I can’t see.  I don’t want to drop people in buckets.  I don’t want to feel superior, but I can’t seem to control my mind.  So this morning, as I catch myself making a quick judgment, I instead smile and pray for that person – for their struggles, for their trip, and for their heart to know they are loved.

What bad habit would you like to change?  (click to tweet)

Are you unable to participate in a Bible study group?  Would you like to join me in online Bible discussion this fall?  Click for more info.

Do you need a daily reminder to reflect on God’s Word?  Follow me on Twitter @Cathy_Chung or subscribe at Seeds of Scripture to receive an email with a short bit of scripture to ponder.

#seedsofscripture #PeopleWatching #Judging #ChildOf God

No comments:

Post a Comment