Thursday, August 21, 2014

Pouring Down



Psalm 42:8 (NLT) – But each day the Lord pours His unfailing love upon me, and through each night I sing His songs, praying to God who gives me life.

I feel very blessed these days.  It’s hard to come down from the cloud I’m floating on.  An awesome group is forming for an online study of Esther, my children are all thriving, I recently spent time on the beach with 2 of my 3 siblings, and the 3rd gets out of prison in one month!  Life is good so it’s easy to feel like God is pouring out His love on me.  It’s easy to sing.

What about when life doesn’t run smoothly?

How do I maintain this praise and gratitude for God when things aren’t easy?

I believe it is based on my relationship with Him.  True friends stick around through good times and bad.  If my love for Him is real, I will feel His presence even when I don’t feel like singing.

How can you build a closer relationship with God now so you praise Him through thick and thin?


Like a productive garden, a rich relationship should be tended regularly.  To be reminded to plant His Word in your heart, follow me on Twitter @Cathy_Chung or subscribe at Seeds of Scripture.

#seedsofscripture #UnfailingLove #GiverOfLife #PraiseGod #LifeIsGood

5 comments:

  1. I don't know if it's just me or if perhaps everybody else encountering problems with your blog.
    It looks like some of the text on your posts are running off the screen. Can somebody else please comment and
    let me know if this is happening to them too? This might be
    a problem with my browser because I've had this happen previously.
    Thanks

    Feel free to visit my web page ... debt settlement

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somebody necessarily help to make seriously articles I would state.
    That is the first time I frequented your web page and thus far?

    I amazed with the analysis you made to create this actual publish incredible.

    Wonderful activity!

    Here is my web site; elder scrolls online lockpicking
    guide [elderscrollsonlineguide.biz]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. I'm facing many of these issues as well..



    Here is my homepage: full album leak

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! This post couldn't be written any better! Reading through this post reminds
    me of my old room mate! He always kept talking about this.
    I will forward this post to him. Fairly certain he will have a good read.
    Many thanks for sharing!

    my web page ... Aspen Hill Plumbing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you found the post! It is hard to maintain the joy when things are tough. Likewise, it's hard to remember how much we need Him when things are going smoothly.

      Delete