Monday, September 22, 2014

Let It Go



Psalm 51:17 (NLT) My sacrifice, O God, is a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart you, God, will not despise.

My Bible's study notes for today's Psalm say “God is pleased with a humble heart that looks to Him when troubles crush and penitently pleads for mercy when sin has been committed.”

I'm so glad God is forever merciful. When times are good, I tend to forget about Him and spend less time in His presence. I feel in control and have no need for God. Yet when my world falls apart, He even forgives my complacency and is PLEASED that I have returned to Him.  God is simply happy to have me back - not holding my absence and ingratitude against me.  

You and I can certainly be more forgiving to others in the same way.  Let the past go.  Let the grudge go.  Be happy for the present.

Do you need a daily reminder to reflect on God’s Word?  Follow me on Twitter @Cathy_Chung or subscribe at Seeds of Scripture to receive an email with a short bit of scripture to ponder.

#seedsofscripture #letitgo #forgiveness #forevermerciful

No comments:

Post a Comment