Thursday, September 25, 2014

My Dear Children



1 John 2:1-2 (NLT) My dear children, I am writing this to you so that you will not sin.  But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate who pleads our case before the Father.  He is Jesus Christ, the one who is truly righteous.  He himself is the sacrifice that atones for our sins – and not only our sins but the sins of all the world.
For some reason, this verse touches my heart today.  I love the way it starts out so tenderly – my dear children.  The writer cares deeply for me, his reader.  The earnestness in the image of Jesus pleading with the Father reassures me.  I am encouraged along my imperfect path.

The goal, of course, is to follow Jesus without sin.  But we all fall short.  All the world falls short.  Yet we have Jesus, who was without sin, who was the only acceptable sacrifice, who pleads for our forgiveness.  I am forever grateful.

Do you need a daily reminder to reflect on God’s Word?  Follow me on Twitter @Cathy_Chung or subscribe at Seeds of Scripture to receive an email with a short bit of scripture to ponder.
                                                                                         
#seedsofscripture #forgivenessofsin #lambofGod #allfallshort

2 comments:

  1. Came over from the Ultimate Blog Challenge group on Facebook and am so glad I found this one! Thanks for linking up. You've got a new subscriber! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you subscribed to my blog Amber! I hope you'll find it helpful in spending more time in the Word and deepening your relationship with God. I'm working my way through the UBC blogs.

      Delete