Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Narrowing My Focus



1 Corinthians 7:35 (NLT) – I want you to do whatever will help you serve the Lord best, with as few distractions as possible.

WARNING:  God has His hand all over my life right now and I’m on fire!  As part of that, He sent me this verse yesterday.  I’d like to say it came before I resigned from two commitments, but I still read it as an affirming, congratulatory fist bump.

I do a lot.  Some say too much and I’m hearing God say it too.  God has been stirring a restlessness in me regarding my commitments.  In hindsight, I realize He’s been sending messages and I’m beginning to piece them together.  One such message came via a recommended book called The Best Yes – Making Wise Decisions in the Midst of Endless Demands (Lysa TerKeurst).  I ordered it last week.

Our time is precious and short.  The demands of September have led me to re-prioritize, to define my calling and begin eliminating distractions.

You do a lot too.  Is it too much?  Do you feel God urging you to narrow your focus?

Do you need a daily reminder to reflect on God’s Word?  Follow me on Twitter @Cathy_Chung or subscribe at Seeds of Scripture to receive an email with a short bit of scripture to ponder.

#seedsofscripture #timeisshort #crazyschedule #servingGod

No comments:

Post a Comment