Thursday, September 18, 2014

You Before Me


Image courtesy of morguefile.com

Philippians 2:3-4 (NLT) – Don’t be selfish; don’t try to impress others.  Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves.  Don’t look out only for your own interests, but take an interest in others, too.

When you read this verse, does any part of it resonate (or sting)?  Did you know instructions like this were biblical?

My mother was my role model in taking an interest in others.  In conversation she wanted to hear all about you and your life, not talk about herself.  And her memory amazes me!  The next time you were together, she’d want to know how those particular joys and concerns were going.  Remembering the details of your life wasn’t a job or chore; she was truly interested and cared about you.

I try.  I am truly interested, but I can’t always remember.  That’s why I love digital calendar alerts!  I’m giving away secrets here, but I definitely use the aid of notes and alerts.  I don’t want to be self centered.  I do want to focus on others.

Read today’s scripture again considering your own conversations.  Any thoughts?

Do you need a daily reminder to reflect on God’s Word?  Follow me on Twitter @Cathy_Chung or subscribe at Seeds of Scripture to receive an email with a short bit of scripture to ponder.

#seedsofscripture #youbeforeme #humble #deeprelationships

No comments:

Post a Comment