Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Guilty as Charged



Hebrews 4:12 (NLT) For the word of God is alive and powerful.  It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow.  It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires.

I read a passage recently that pointed a convicting finger right in my face. 

Scripture has the power to do that, you know.  It can expose my heart and I don’t always like it.  Do you ever hear a verse that clearly identifies some fault – a poor choice, a bad habit, or an unforgiveness?  I often become defensive when this happens.  I might research the ancient culture in an attempt to wiggle my way out of current compliance.  However, I’m usually guilty as charged and need to make a change.

Exposing my closet...
Yes, God’s Word is alive and powerful. 

Instead of resisting conviction, can we use it to our advantage?

What if we approach Scripture with an open heart, asking God to search out those innermost thoughts and desires?  What if we open the closet door and let Him have a look.  What if we willingly turn on the light and let God rummage around in all the dark corners and high shelves?

Are you willing to open the closet door? (tweet this)

Like a productive garden, a rich relationship should be tended regularly.  Get a reminder to plant His Word in your heart:  Follow me on Twitter @Cathy_Chung or subscribe at Seeds of Scripture.

#seedsofscripture #convicted #powerofGodsWord #pointingfingers #guilty

No comments:

Post a Comment