Thursday, November 13, 2014

You're Not Alone



1 Corinthians 12:24-26 (NLT) God has put the body together…so that all the members care for each other.  If one part suffers, all the parts suffer with it, and if one part is honored, all the parts are glad.

Are you wearing a mask?

For the past month I’ve been wearing the strong, productive, happy mask.  When I summoned the courage to admit my ongoing depression, I began to allow the body of Christ to function as God intended.  Many of you cradled, massaged, and tended my wound with simple heart-felt notes, offers to meet up, and words of affirmation.  I no longer suffer alone.  Your kindnesses promote healing.

You don’t have to suffer alone either.  Some of you applauded my vulnerability and admitted that you’re hurting too.  Thank you for sharing your heart.  God created us for community.  We aren’t meant to wear masks, but to share our lives and hearts authentically with each other – both the good stuff and the hard.

It’s OK to not be OK.  Be brave and tell someone. (tweet this)

Like a productive garden, a rich relationship should be tended regularly.  Get a reminder to plant His Word in your heart:  Follow me on Twitter @Cathy_Chung or subscribe at Seeds of Scripture.

#seedsofscripture #depression #notOK #wearingamask #stoppretending

No comments:

Post a Comment