Friday, March 13, 2015

Self Care is Hard Work


1 Corinthians 6:19-20 (MSG) Didn’t you realize that your body is a sacred place, the place of the Holy Spirit?  Don’t you see that you can’t live however you please, squandering what God paid such a high price for?  The physical part of you is not some piece of property belonging to the spiritual part of you.  God owns the whole works.  So let people see God in and through your body.

Self care is hard work!

Unlike many that align with the calendar year, our health insurance plan renews April 1st.  I’m a thrifty New Englander and don’t take care of myself if it costs money.  So when we met our deductible, the whistle blew to start the race for medical self-care before the 4/1 finish line.  Ready, set, GO!

No worries!  I’ve simply joined a gym and the medical care is all non-essential, but good for me and long overdue.  Between appointments and exercise, time for writing is scarce.  I exercise to praise music, read daily scripture and blessings that arrive by email, but haven’t shared with you.

Until I find a good balance or April 1st rolls around, you can subscribe to Bible Gateway’s Verse of the Day or another faith blog.  Some of my favorites include:
Lori Roeleveld’s Disturber of Hobbits,
Susie Larson’s Daily Blessings,
Holley Gerth’s Coffee for Your Heart,
Holly Barrett’s The Big Red Sofa and Testimony Tuesday,
Ken Weliever’s The Preacher’s Word,

What’s your favorite faith blog?  Please share in the comment section!

Like a productive garden, a rich relationship should be tended regularly.  To be reminded to plant His Word in your heart, follow me on Twitter @Cathy_Chung or subscribe at Seeds of Scripture.

#seedsofscripture #Lent #fasting #faithblog @Lori Roeleveld @Susie Larson @Andy Lee @Holley Gerth @Holly Barrett @Ken Weliever

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Cathy! That was really sweet. I like your new blog look. Yes, take care of yourself. I'm going for a walk now. :)

    ReplyDelete