Monday, May 25, 2015

Remembering Why



[Jesus speaking] “Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me. There is more than enough room in my Father’s home. And you know the way to where I am going.”
“No, we don’t know, Lord,” Thomas said. “We have no idea where you are going, so how can we know the way?”
Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.”
John 14:1-2,4-6(NLT)

Why has Seeds of Scripture been only about Jesus’ words lately? Do you remember?

It’s about Truth. More than once, Jesus says “I am the Truth”. In John, He says I am the way to the Father. And yes, He means the only way.

We don’t like the idea that Jesus is the only way. It’s disturbing. We want everyone to go to heaven. And maybe, in the end, everyone will. We don’t know. But in His own words, no one comes to the Father except through me.

What if our tolerant, anything goes attitude is wrong?

Are you willing to risk your eternity?

I believe in respect for others and love for all – peaceful co-existence. At the same time, I believe Jesus spoke Truth. Paul tells us “Be on guard. Stand firm in the faith. Be courageous. Be strong.” (1 Corinth 13:6) Guard means give strict attention to, be cautious, be on the alert. It implies a military metaphor of a sentry watching out for enemy attacks.

Through His words and life, Jesus has shown us the way. This is why I am focusing on Jesus’ teachings for a time – to remember the path to the Father.

Are you following the path?

This post was inspired by Ken Weliever. Read his complete article here. You can start at the beginning of the Truth series here.

#seedsofscripture #Jesus #truth #eternity

1 comment:

  1. Amen. the Truth will set us free. Thank you for this reminder

    ReplyDelete