Monday, September 7, 2015

The Best Teacher

This is what the Lord says - your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: "I am the Lord your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go."
Isaiah 48:17 (NLT)

The current buzz is about teachers - which ones are nice, tough, old, fun, or boring.

That's middle school talk, but adults have teachers too and continue to learn every day.

Pause.

What did you learn yesterday?

From whom did you learn? A mentor or boss? Author or journalist? Sitcom screen writer or news anchor? Facebook sharer? TED speaker?

Do these teachers have your best interests in mind?

I smile at the way God throws out His credentials. I am your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel. I am the Lord your God. Pretty impressive, right? It's sad that God  even needs to shake us awake and remind us of who He is.

So, are you learning from the Master? Are you in class taking notes? Doing your homework?

Like every teacher, God wants you to succeed. He nurtures, challenges, and corrects in order to direct you toward your best life - your full potential. He's a teacher who loves each student and prepares an individualized lesson plan. He even stays after hours for special help.

Becoming one of His students through Bible study, prayer and discussion changed my life. Does that sound cliché? Perhaps, but it is true in the deepest way. I am grateful for His wisdom and seek out His instruction. I am humbled by His sacrifice and blessed that He calls me by name. It's the best thing I ever did. My hearts swells just sharing these words with you.

Will you enroll in God's continuing education program?


#seedsofscripture #teacher #backtoschool

1 comment:

  1. I love this. I am enrolled in His continuing ed program. I would be lost without my Teacher.

    ReplyDelete