Monday, December 28, 2015

God Knows Just What I Need



Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.
Matthew 11:28 (NLT)

I read this familiar verse bright and early this morning. Bible Gateway's Verse of the Day is always one of the first things I read. I confess, I gave it little thought other than “yup, I recognize that”. It didn’t grab me at the time.

As I sit before my computer tonight asking God for a message to post, I come back to Jesus’ words. It’s been a sad and busy day. My father’s wife passed away today. She had been on life support since Christmas Eve. A brain scan showed significant damage so the decision was made to remove support.

Come to me, you who carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.

There He goes again, knowing what’s best for me. This verse was the perfect reminder I needed to rest in Him.

Could you share a time God provided just what you needed?

#SeedsOfScripture #GodIncidence #JustWhatINeeded

I’ll be flying to Florida in the morning. Posts over the next week might be sporadic or prolific. Who knows? God may use this to speak mightily. Thank you for your patience and your support.

2 comments:

  1. So sorry for your loss. I am praying and sending hugs. Rest is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Cherrilynn. I feel your prayers. Leaning on God and He is providing.

    ReplyDelete