Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Baring Your Heart to God

Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. Point out anything in me that offends You, and lead me along the path of everlasting life.
Psalm 139:23-24 (NLT)

My sister and I are in Florida visiting my dad and settling some of his late wife’s affairs. I’ve focused on family instead of blogging, but I couldn’t pass up this beautiful Psalm that should be our daily morning prayer.

This might be a little too much information (or a lot!), but I’d like to share a thoroughly cleansing experience. I often pray in the shower. What better time to bare your heart and surrender it all to Him? With nowhere to go and nowhere to hide, I’m sometimes brought to tears.

Will you allow God to search your heart?

#SeedsOfScripture #SearchMe

1 comment:

  1. Cathy, me too! God reveals so much to me in the shower. That is where I pray, dream, hope and physically and spiritually get cleansed. Thanks for sharing. Sorry for you loss. It must be hard settling affairs of a loved one.

    ReplyDelete