Wednesday, May 18, 2016

God Knows Just What Our Hearts Need

Oh, how great are God’s riches and wisdom and knowledge! How impossible it is for us to understand His decisions and His ways!
Romans 11:33 (NLT)

In obedience to God’s prompting to reprioritize my mornings, I prayed before opening emails or Facebook. I praised God for His magnificence and marveled at how beyond us and mind blowing He is. Near tears, I thanked Him for the privilege of serving Him in my writing and teaching ministries. The honor of walking alongside others as they grow in faith is both humbling and rewarding.

Then bam! The Apostle Paul’s praise to God was the Verse of the Day from BibleGateway.com. The ‘coincidence’ isn’t random. God answered my prayer for an experience of Him that would recharge my energy and passion (read more about that in yesterday’s post).

This convergence of prayer and scripture is God’s reminder that He never left. It was I who neglected our time together and suffered indifference. By accepting His invitation to have tea with Him before opening social media, I can see His presence more clearly.

God had more to say as the morning progressed.

The small group of women I lead spontaneously commended my influence in their growing faith. Their appreciation and God’s affirmation of my ministry lifted my spirit. Indeed, I am incredibly proud of these ladies.

God knew just what my heart needed - rededicated relationship. He persisted in getting me back to quiet time and then rewarded me with His voice and a pat on the back.

Thank you God. You are so amazing!
 
God knows just what our hearts need. Act on His prompting. (tweet it)

#SeedsOfScripture #messagefromGod #answeredprayer

No comments:

Post a Comment